Curtains Maryborough, Talbot, Clunes, Avoca, Dunolly, Victoria
Ruffles Fabrics and Curtains supply ready made curtains and have been custom making curtains and window furnishings in Maryborough for homes all over regional Victoria for many years. We stock a huge range of curtain samples and have on display a range of curtain styles and designs to suit your tastes and budget. Make an appointment at our Maryborough Showroom and take a look at our fabric swatches. We are happy to discuss your ideas to find a design to suit you and your decor.
Not only are curtains practical for retaining heat, blocking the light and giving us privacy they can also bring great personality to a room when they are well made and designed. At Ruffles Fabric and Curtains in Maryborugh, Victoria, we have such a huge range of colours, fabrics, curtain styles and prints that we know we will find the perfect way to update your home.
- Lace curtains
- Sheer curtains
- Cafe curtains
- Side drapes
- Gather tape curtains
- Ring top curtains
- Pinch, Reverse & Goblet pleat curtains
Custom made curtains Maryborough
Ruffles Fabrics and Curtains have an enormous range of curtain fabrics from top quality manufacturers and suppliers with endless style options such as contemporary collections, velvets, embroideries and sheers. Our experienced staff are familiar with all of our curtain fabrics and are happy to help you with design selection for your custom made curtains.
- Padded pelmets
- Swags and tails
- Curtain tiebacks
- Curtain valances
Curtain Fabric Maryborough
Whether making your own curtains or having custom made curtains made by the Ruffles curtain makers we have a dizzying range of colours, design, styles and fabrics to choose from. Make an appointment to visit our Maryborough showroom and look at our exciting fabric samples for curtains from some of the best available fabric designers, manufacturers and suppliers.
- Charles Parsons – sheers and curtain fabrics
- Gummerson Fabrics – sheers and curtain fabrics
- Wilsons Fabrics – curtain fabrics and blind fabrics
- Filigree (Basford Brands) – lace, curtain and blind fabrics
- JW Design – sheers and curtain fabrics
- Nettex – curtain fabric
- Warwick – sheers and curtain fabrics
- Rowe – sheers and curtain fabrics
- Maurice Kain – sheers and curtain fabrics
- Zepel – sheers and curtain fabrics
Tips and ideas for curtains and custom made curtains
Curtains have trends and fashions just as our clothes do and are a cost effective way to give any room in your home a complete update. Changing curtains is an inexpensive way to update the style and general look of a room without making timely structural changes. Here are some tips to consider when thinking about buying ready made curtains or getting curtains custom made:
- First, think about your need for curtains. Do you need to block out light (draw curtains with heavy curtain fabric), do they need to filter light (a sash curtain with sheer curtain fabric) or are they purely for decorative purposes (patterned or coloured curtain fabric)?
- Look at the existing decore in the room and try and choose curtain styles to suit: a modern style room would better suit a plain curtain with fabric covered pelmets or blinds and a traditional room would work well with some swags and drapery.
- It’s important to visualise how the room will look with the curtains drawn as they are for half of the time. Considering that the curtains can take up a large amount of wall space the curtain fabric needs to work with our existing decore.
- If you are decorating a room from scratch, don’t leave the choice of curtain fabric to the end. Include it in the early stages of the design process to ensure that it works.
- Patterned fabric curtains can be overhwleming and it is a good idea to have plain furniture matching one of the feature colours on your curtain fabric.
- If you are on a budget just hang curtains of lace, cotton, nylon, silk or some other sheer fabric.
- Place a curtain over a blind to soften it and add a personalised touch.
- Hang a curtain beneath a chintz, silk, velvet, linen or other draw drapery.
- Top curtains with short, purely decorative over-draperies such as swags or jabots.
- Hide any curtain rods or mechanations with cornice, pelmet or valance.
- It is also worth considering a padded fabric covered pelmet to hide all the mechanations of your blinds .
Contact us via email or phone us on 0458 613 799.